Chester, VT 05143 www.patdaddona.com firstname.lastname@example.org
@pdaddona or @patdaddona
Getting the word out digitally is what I do best. Within and across channels, I creatively prepare and coordinate web articles, e-newsletters and social media posts for diverse audiences with clarity, vivid detail, succinct prose and a dose of humor, when it fits. Relying on a customer-centric mindset, I deftly combine digital marketing, writing, problem-solving, critical-thinking and relationship-building skills to disseminate content. In doing so, I help organizations reach more readers, donors and supporters.
DEMONSTRATED AREAS OF EXPERTISE
- Writes and edits thorough, clear, accurate and lively reports, specializing in education and business news for the web as well as in print
- Markets mentor programming at Windsor County Partners
- Increased Hartford Business Journal website page views by 4.1% using Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin and Instagram
- Delivered two daily e-newsletters, reaching more than 11,000 subscribers at Hartford Business Journal
- Enhanced nonprofit news coverage and produced weekly nonprofit e-newsletters at Providence Business News
- Updated and improved fledgling Facebook page content at New London Landmarks, extending its reach, and promoted news and events with email marketing
- Developed and used e-mail marketing to promote faculty, graduate and student accomplishments at Providence College School of Continuing Education and Quinnipiac University
- Served as contributing editor for Inclusion, a 2016 book on diversity by Jennifer Brown Consulting CEO; and as ghost writer for articles about the author, written in her voice
- Fluent on CMS, Macs, & PCs. Proficient in Microsoft Office. Familiar with Adobe and social media
- A personable interviewer, independent yet collaborative self-starter, and an organized and diplomatic as well as discreet team player
- Founded and produces a regional songwriting blog reaching more than 640 followers in 15 countries
Regional Coordinator, Windsor County Partners, Windsor, Vt. Sept. 2018 to present. Match adult mentors with youth; monitor and market programming.
Senior Copy Desk Editor,Valley News, West Lebanon, N.H.; March to July 2018. Supervised copy desk, designed pages, edited stories, wrote headlines.
Web Editor, Hartford Business Journal, Hartford, Conn., Aug. 2016 to March 2018; curated and wrote two daily e-newsletters, uploaded weekly print edition to web, wrote in-depth stories every three weeks, and boosted web views through social media promotion.
Freelancer, Writer & Editor@patdaddona.com,April 2016 to Aug. 2016, Newington, Conn.
Clients: Providence College School of Continuing Education (April 2016 to Dec. 2016), Providence, R.I.; Jennifer Brown Consulting, New York City; ZAG Interactive, Glastonbury, Conn.; Hartford Business Journal, Hartford, Conn.; Providence Business News, Providence, R.I.; Connecticut Health Investigative Team, Hartford, Conn.; District Administration Magazine, Trumbull, Conn.
Staff Writer, Providence Business News, Providence, R.I., July 2013 to March 2016; Covered education, nonprofits, tourism and workforce and produced weekly nonprofit e-newsletter.
Nonprofit & College Consultant, New London, Conn.;2012 to July 2013; Consulting for Outreach to Haiti, Norwich, Conn., and New London Landmarks, New London, Conn., as well as Quinnipiac University’s Interactive Media Program, Hamden, Conn.; also freelanced.
Staff Writer, The Day, New London, Conn., 1997 through 2011; Covered various communities, primarily economic development issues, then covered business for six years, including casinos, nuclear power, energy and consumer news.
Managing Editor, Register Citizen, Torrington, Conn.; managed three-person copy desk, determined front-page content and edited stories, and directed breaking news coverage.
Certificate in digital marketing fundamentals, University of Vermont Continuing and Distance Education, Dec. 2018.
Interactive Media, MS, Quinnipiac University, 2011, Hamden, Conn.
English, BA, Connecticut College, New London, Conn.
HONORS & DISTINCTIONS
1st place, 2017, “Is the MBA Losing Value?”, Providence Business News, Rhode Island Press Association
1st place, Newspaper of Year, Providence Business News, 2013, 2014, New England Newspaper & Press Association
1st place, recession coverage, 2008, The Day, New England Associated Press News Editors Association
1st place, The Day, “World Wide Gossip”, 2001, New England Press Association
2nd place, The Day, “Of Reunions and That Sinking Feeling”, 1998, CT Society for Professional Journalists
Rhode Island Songwriting Association, member, 2014 to present
Pat Daddona’s Songwriting Blog (since 2011): userloseit.wordpress.com